Let's Set Some Goals For 2017

Image Source
I've learnt that New Year's resolutions aren't really my thing. I always set them, telling myself that this year is going to be my year and that I will stick to them unlike the years before. This never really works out, as by January 2nd, I'll have already broken two of my five resolutions and be wallowing in the self-pity and guilt that comes along with breaking them. Whilst we nurse 2016 to its end (which cannot come soon enough in my opinion), I thought I'd write up a little post about what I want from 2017. It gives me something to look back on this time next year, and hopefully see how many of these goals I have achieved.

Learn to Drive
With most of my friends already driving, it's made me realise that I should really get my arse in gear and start learning since I've managed to put it off since my birthday in April. I'm someone who worries a lot, so the whole processes of one-on-one lessons and being in control of something as powerful as a car is something that I find incredibly daunting. I'm determined, however, that 2017 is the year I will learn to drive.

Get good A-level grades
It's safe to say that Year 12 has been my worst year in education so far. To put it simply, I was completely out of my depth in one of my subjects and my AS results didn't go quite as well as I hoped. Moving forward though, I want to complete my A-levels and, as every student does, get a good set of grades that will see me into university.

Expand my vinyl collection
I currently own a handful of vinyl records but I want to get more and grow my collection. I know that this is a bit of a trivial goal, but music is one of my greatest passions and there's something about vinyl which is far more special than listening to a track on Spotify.

Travel more
I feel like everyone makes this their goal, but I want to travel and explore more. I visited Scotland for a couple of days in May, but other than that, I haven't done as much travelling as I would have liked. Even if it's just hopping on a train to a place I've never been before, I want to explore more and step out of my comfort zone in 2017.

Improve my Mental Health
Something I've struggled with this year is my mental health. Without going into too much detail, I want to take the time next year to make sure that my mental health isn't being neglected, and hopefully continue to work on improving it again.

Go to University
Until very recently, I didn't even want to go to uni. I was so against going, fearing that I wouldn't like the course or that the amount of debt I'd be in wouldn't make it worth it. Regardless of these worries, I found a course I think I will love and applied just before Christmas. Hopefully, I'll be accepted, get the right grades and will be moving away from home to start a new chapter of my life as a broke and stressed out university student.

Grow Five Foot Seven
We've had a pretty good year here on Five Foot Seven; collaborating with some amazing brands, surpassed 50,000 page views and grown a lovely little following. Five Foot Seven is one of my proudest achievements and I hope that we can continue to grow so that next year, I can look back again and be proud of what I've achieved. If you're a new reader, then you won't be aware that Five Foot Seven is in a little transition period where I'm figuring out what type of content I want to produce. You can find out more about my plans for Five Foot Seven in this post.

What do you hope to achieve in 2017? Leave your responses in the comments and all that there's left to say, is here's to a great year!

ALSO: I'm hosting a giveaway over on Twitter where you can win £30 worth of makeup of your choosing. All you have to do is follow me and Retweet the tweet to be entered. The giveaway closes on the 31st Dec. so you still have two days to enter! You can enter by clicking here.

Follow

12 comments:

  1. Great goals Issy! I'm excited for you in 2017! :)

    -Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab goals, girl! Looking forward to watching you achieve every one of them in 2017 :)

    xo Kathryn
    www.fashionablyfrank.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Hard work and dedication will get you there this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mental health is important! I neglected it for years until last October when the doctor told me that it had to change.

    I wish you good luck with all of your goals for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a balanced year of productivity and self care. All the best for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Very realistic goals. Good luck to you. And Happy New Year!

    Lauren

    WWW.TheZenFashionista.Com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great resolutions! Traveling more is on my list too! Good luck and hoping that you reach all your goals in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent goals! I love that you some in there about taking good care of yourself. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do hope you achieve those goals. My son is your age and also doing A levels! I've been encouraging him to do a blog but he's having none of it, lol
    Maybe you could encourage him! Good luck as you refine your niche too

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are great goals. I want to be more organized, start to live independently, and possibly get into law school this year. 2017 is kind of a big deal for me as i will be 25 in May

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM